The importance of Online 2D Animation Courses: 2d animation is an art in which movement is created inside a two-dimensional space. This includes creatures, characters, backgrounds, and FX.
The illusion of motion is made when separate drawings are put into a sequence over time. Time is divided into frames and a single second is divided into twenty-four frames! It is not always twenty-four frames in a second but it depends on the motion in the animation, there can be as much as twenty-four drawings in a single second (twenty-four fps) or they can be as less as two.
Traditionally, the animation is made on “2s”. This means that a single drawing is there every two frames (12fps). By doing this, the animation artists save a lot of time and money. Hence, two-dimensional animation is given a unique look.
This process is called conventional animation sometimes. There is a great revolution is 2d animation production as it evolved from hand-drawn drawings using paper and pencil to the execution of digital techniques implementing computer software for example Adobe After Effects or Toon Boom Harmony.
2d is a diverse and popular medium that is making a comeback. You can easily see two-dimensional animation is TV shows, websites, mobile apps, advertisements, films, and video games. F is for family and Rick and Morty are a huge and modern example of 2d. Snapchat is also launching a 2d animation series with short episodes. Cup head is a video game with 2d animation.
In this essay, we will tell you about online 2d animation courses, both paid and free. We will also tell about the scope; the requirements and FAQs will be included.
Requirements to enroll in 2D Animation Online Course
The requirements depend upon the type, of course, you are taking, a beginner’s course or an advanced course. Requirements for beginners’ course are:
- The trainee must be eighteen years old or more.
- He or she must understand English.
- Trainees must have intermediary computer skills.
- The person must meet the least requirements of the computer system.
- The person’s computer must have Rough Animator or Harmony by toon boom software. If not, the computer must have equivalent software.
- A tablet or a digital animating/drawing device is a must.
Above are the requirements for a beginner’s course. Now, we are going to tell you the requirements for an advanced 2d animation course. For the advanced course, you need all the requirements for beginners’ courses and advanced programs like Animate CC, Toon Boom Harmony, TV Paint, and they are much more advanced software.
One must have advanced computer skills and advanced equipment so it is easy to get an advanced two-dimensional animation course.
FREE Vs. PAID Online 2D Animation Courses:
Best 5 Free 2D Animation Courses:
1. FREE After Effects Basics -2D Flat Shadows in After Effects
For this course, there are some requirements. They are:
- The person taking the course must have the software After Effect CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC OR CC2015 in his or her personal computer. If not, then, they can use a thirty-day free trial.
- The person can have basic understanding related to Adobe Suite, illustrator, photoshop, etc. but, it is not compulsory.
After doing this course, three types of different techniques will be learned by the trainees on how to make two-dimensional flat, long shadows. They will also learn how to add the shadows to movement. You don’t even have to work on a project. The organizer has made a few animations as a sample the trainees can work on them by downloading the attached files.
The shadows in the animation would be dynamic. This simply means that the shadows will react to any motion going on inside the configuration. In this online 2d animation courses, It will be taught by the organizer how to save the shadows so that we can use them again in the future.
Moreover, it would be told how to link the shadow to a repealed object. Like this tip, there will be many others in the course.
This class is beneficial as many skills will be learned. Some of them are that:
- We will surely learn that how we can start working with the handy software After Effect in the right method. Besides this, essential tools will be learned with a proper workflow.
- Some topics explained in this online 2d animation courses are simple expressions, effects, growing bounds, pre-composing, and much more.
- A repeater will be used. Further, it will be learned how to work on the layers of many shapes. Creating shapes and duplicating layers, both will be told by the organizer of the course.
- Build-in effects will also be used.
- Three different methods will be told on how to make shadows.
- The animation presets can also be saved for use in the future.
- The most important thing that is modernizing the compositions will also be a part of the online 2d animation courses.
- Last but not the least, a technique will be told on how we can have fun while we are using After Effect.
After reading the benefits, you might be having a wish to enroll in the course. So why don’t you? It’s free! Enroll now and modernize your 2d animation skills. Course Link.
2. Advanced 2D Animation Diploma|2D animation course taught by Disney & DreamWorks artists
This online 2d animation course is a long 10-month course that is organized by DreamWorks and Disney artists. In those precious ten months, we will surely learn how to become a professional in animating. We will learn how to use the best software that includes Toon Boom Harmony. It is a software used by many studios.
The organizers and the mentors will especially focus on the hand-drawn drawing of the character. They will give complete guidance of exercises, by giving an offer to the insightful feedback which may help you make a lot of progress steadily in the form of an artist.
This diploma will make you an experienced artist. The main benefits of this online 2d animation courses are:
- Some 2d animation methods will be learned that will not lead to frustration and save a lot of time.
- The learner will graduate from getting a portfolio that will surely attract employers in the future.
The course will be available to any person from any part of the world. Online classes will be conducted on zoom. Make your dreams about your future come to life. Apply now!
3. 2D Animation For Beginners With Adobe Animate
This online 2d animation course is specially made for beginners as no animation experience is required to join this class. We will learn how to make GIFs and two-dimensional animated videos by using the amazing software Adobe Animate. Some key concepts will be introduced in animation generated in a personal computer like:
- Tweens and eases.
- Vector drawings.
In this online 2d animation courses, simple and straightforward examples have been used to tell how to animate, compose, and draw characters in a lifelike and delightful method. The knowledge from this class can be used on software like Toon Boom Harmony and Adobe After Effects.
There will be a clear understanding of:
- How to utilize some software that includes Adobe Animate.
- The basics of drawing in Animate.
- Managing layers and implementing the timeline.
- Animating using tweens, keyframes, and symbols.
- Creating movements with the help of motion guides.
- Creating animations that look realistic.
- Classical animation frame by frame.
- Nested animations or animations having animations inside them.
- How to add sounds to an animation.
- How to export your creations in the form of Gifs and animated videos that are HD.
The experience attained from this course will urge you to become an animation artist. There is not any qualification required for this course. To get Adobe Animate if you don’t have it, install it from Adobe’s website. Here is the Course link.
4. Exporting GIFs with Adobe Media Encoder – For Windows and Mac OS
in this online 2d animation courses, you will learn how to animate in the form GIFs. The best part is that, you do not need a personal computer for this, you can also train on Mas OS. The software involved in this course is Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe After Effects. You will learn multiple ways you can make attractive GIFs.
The class will tell you about making the encoding presets. You can use them to render your GIF out. Additionally, you will learn how to make GIFs on regarding duration.
What we will learn through the course is:
- Preparation before Export.
- Requirements and limitations.
- Encoding and exporting presets.
What are you waiting for, huh? Go and apply for the course.
5. Animating 3D Lettering in Adobe After Effects
This online 2d animation courses will teach you how to animate lettering that is 3D in Adobe After Effects. It will be shown how we can use After Effects built-in, 3D banishment tool that helps to make 3D lettering. This course helps to do lettering in a 3D space. The main things to be learned after attending the lectures in this course are:
- Making 3D lettering.
- Giving an animation effect to 3D lettering.
- Color properties.
After reading this, you might want to take this lecture. So, why are you waiting? Make your dream to become an animation artist become true an apply now!
Best 2D Animation Software Free
There are many programs and software that are free and they work the same as paid software and programs. Some of them include:
- Plastic Animation Paper.
- Synfig studios.
- Toon Boom Animate Pro 3.
All the software above are the ones that bring your drawing/paintings to life. Then why spend money if they work the same as the paid ones, huh? The free courses may require paid programs but several of them ask if there is another alternative that is free and works the same.
They give this option to make it affordable for the trainees to attend the lectures. If you have enough facilities and a budget to buy a paid program, you should.
Best 5 Paid 2D Animation Courses
1. Cinematography for 2D Animation Essentials
First and one of the best courses, these paid online 2d animation courses require no specific qualification. This program will cover basic cinematography as it is for beginners even laymen can participate as trainees in this course.
Taking a cinematography course is important as it gives life to the specific animation. The short course is only thirty minutes long but the experience will urge you to become an animator. The class erases a lot of misconceptions about cinematography for two-dimensional animation.
This course will surely result in a clear understanding of the different concepts of cinematography. The concepts include:
- Frame Compositions.
- Rule of the Thirds.
- Camera Angles.
- Blocking the Characters.
- Dialogue Coverage.
- Tilting and Panning in 2D.
- Camera Movements.
This course is not expensive in front of the concepts it clarifies. So, what are you waiting for? It just costs 29.99 bucks. To apply for it right now as soon as possible.
2. 2D Animation Essentials in Moho & Anime Studio
If you are looking for life and paid online 2d animation courses, this is the best one for you. Let’s see what do you need for this course.
- Straightforwardly, and in simple words no prior experience or qualification is required for this course.
- If the software required in the course needs payment, you should have a thirty days free trial. This will save you money and make you able to take the classes with less money.
Not one or two, many skills will be learned from this online 2d animation courses. Some of the skills include:
- The person will find it very easy to make a scene of 2d animation.
- Working with keyframes will be found as easy as it is to make a simple drawing.
- The trainee will become a pro after taking this course.
- He or she will be able to draw and make characters by implementing the drawing tools in one of the best software that is Anime Studio.
- Last but not the least, the person will be able to add dynamism to the animation if he or she has to work with a camera.
The experience that one will get from this course will make a nice scope for him. The employers will be attracted when they will find that the employee has done such a nice course. After knowing the benefits, you might be wanting to take part in this course as a trainee. So, without wasting time, go apply for this as time is limited. Hurry up!
3. 2D Animation in Moho from Basic to Advanced
We truly hope that this course is going to be your favorite. But, if you want to enroll in this course, there are some requirements for the organizers. Wait! Wait! Don’t skip. We hope that the requirements are so basic that everyone can fulfill them. They are that:
- The trainee must have the capability of using a personal computer but not at an advanced level. In simple words, he or she must know how to do it at a beginner level.
- The person must be aware of how to install software from internet pages/webpages.
A person will learn countless skills from online 2d animation courses. But the main and highlighted skills will be put into bullet points below. They are:
- First and the most obvious skill is that the person will learn how to create and execute animations like a pro.
- Tracing characters inside Moho will be very easy for trainees after participating in this course.
- Using drawing tools would be extremely convenient in Moho.
- Preparing and Rigging the characters in animation.
To apply for it because there is a limited time in which we can apply.
4. Create Animated Series for YouTube in CrazyTalk Animator 3
This online 2d animation course is a little expensive. It costs $99.99 but the experience and skills it will end up teaching you will be unforgettable. The requirements are less and at a basic level. They are that:
- The trainee must know about how to use a personal computer, not at an advanced but a beginner level.
- The last requirement is really simple. The person should know how to download or install files from the internet.
What will be learned from the course is countless. But the two main things learned will be:
- After completing this course, the person will be so trained that he or she will not find it difficult to create or make a full animated series.
- If the person makes a series, a single episode will be made three times faster than he or she used to do without attending the course.
If you were impressed by the benefits, what are you waiting for? To apply for this as there is limited time left. Best of luck!
5. Save Time in Character Animation for After Effects
The fifth and the last course that we are going to suggest is an amazing online 2d animation course you will never repent spending money on. It is cheap if you put it in front of the benefits and experience it gives. It costs only $49.99. What else does a person want, huh? But to enroll in a course, some requirements of the organizer must be fulfilled. They are:
- The personal computer of the trainee must have the software Adobe After Effect.
- The person should know how to install files. This will help him to follow along.
- It is recommended, but the trainee doesn’t need to have the basic knowledge of the software Adobe After Effects.
From this course, many skills will be learned. Some main skills to be learned are that:
- The person will find it convenient to make and originate a character in the software Adobe After Effects.
- After the completion of this course, animating the characters will be just some drags and clicks.
To apply for this course right now. Why are you waiting? Hurry up! Limited time is left.
Best 2D Animation Paid Softwares:
There are many paid programs and software for computers. All of them function well and are easy to use. but, the best ones according to use are:
- Pencil 2d
The software above is affordable, they help in advanced animation and they are the best. We hope that you will love them after installing or purchasing them.
The Best 2D Animation Software:
The best 2d animation software is Synfig because, in this software, animation can be designed in the front end. The Synfig tool can help with parallel and incremental rendering.
Perfection in soft-shading is the best feature found in this program. There are many other features but the words will not take an end. That is why we are ending here.
After Course Jobs
Who says that the people who take animation courses do not have a scope? There are so many online/offline jobs that a person can get after taking the course. Some of them are:
- Becoming a stop motion animator.
- 3d modeler.
- Flash Animator.
- Composing Artists.
- Storyboard artist.
- Mathematical modeler.
What can one dream of other than this? That is why you should never think that your future will not be good if you take online 2d animation courses.
- Which course is better, paid or free?
Both of them are the same as they have the same information. If you have economic problems, you can prefer taking free courses. if there is a budget, then take the paid ones.
- How can I apply for a course?
It is really easy. You can click on the apply button on the website the description of the course is written. After following this step, you will come to know what to do next.
- What to do if the trial of a paid software finishes?
It is nothing to worry about. You can find alternative software or make a payment if you want to.
- What are the requirements of a 2d animation course?
They differ for the type of course, whether it is for beginners or advanced professionals.
- Can a 2d animation course make me a professional animator?
Why not. It can but it depends upon the length of the course or how detailed it is.
In this article, we told you about what is 2d animation, paid and free online courses, best software for 2d animation, and some frequently asked questions for your better understanding.
We truly hope that our articles will help you strengthen the dream of becoming a professional animator. We hope the best for you. Best of luck with your career!